At Shokogi, we have over 30 years-combined instructing experience and our courses are tailored to all levels of surfers, beginner to pro. The beach breaks of Playa Venao offers waves for every skill-level, stretching 3-kilometres long. Enjoy the warm waters of Venao and choose from a wide-variety of boards, and a wide-variety of waves.
With over 30 years-combined instructing experience, our courses are designed to help you become independent in the water. We teach everything from getting up on the board to performing technical maneuvers on bigger waves.
Build confidence in the water as you learn to stand up on the board, catch your first waves and become independent.
Step-up your level of surfing by choosing the right boards, the right waves, and performing technical maneuvers.
Utilize video analysis and theory to improve your skills. Surfing rail-to-rail into perfect foot positioning, arm adjustments and wave vision.
Benefits Of Surfing
Improve mental and physical health.
Travel to the most remote locations, surfing!
Find tranquillity away from the daily grind.
Join the many surf communities around the globe.
Improve and create a balanced lifestyle.
Connect To Nature
Connect to the natural ebb and flow of the planet.
Professional Instructors - We Teach Everything Surf
Our quiver of surf instructors are the best! Professional backgrounds and focussed on results. We send our surfers into the best waves and provide the right feedback for each individual. We also teach you the terminology of surfboards and waves, the ocean's behaviour, safety and surf etiquette. By the end of our courses you can talk surf, surf waves, and go out into the ocean confidently. Your friends will be asking you for tips!
Level 1 - Beginner Introduction: Build Confidence in The Water
- Surfing terminology and equipment
- Surf safety and ocean awareness
- Catching whitewater and surfboard control
- Paddlingand take-off
- Mastering the pop-up
Level 1.5 - Beginner-Pro Introduction: Learn to Surf Independently
- Paddle to the line-up and board control
- Paddling through waves "Turtle-Roll"
- Takeoff adjustments/position
- Understanding waves and line-up etiquette
- Catching greenwaves and riding the face
- Improving paddle power and stability - Out of the water exercises and practical training techniques
Level 2 - Intermediate: Diving Deeper into Surf
- Picking the right surfboard for you
- Surf-spots knowledge and breakdown
- Paddling through waves "Duck-Dive"
- Learning to bottom turn and come up the face
- Learning to generate speed
- Performing technical manoeuvres like snaps, roundhouse/cutbacks and carving
- Utilizing breathing to improve performance and conserve energy
Level 3 - Advanced: Performance Improvement
- Breathework, heart-rate control and energy conservation
- Timing between sets and wave periods
- Pick the right waves and fine-tuning takeoff position
- Expand your vision, target setting, and broadening your time on the face
- Rail-to-Rail surfing techniques
- Foot placement and arm adjustments when making technical maneuvers
We teach you everything from getting up on the board to performing technical maneuvers on bigger waves. With our many years of knowledge, our courses are perfectly structured to give you positive result and individual feedback. For those who are new to surfing, this course will allow you to become independent in the water and confident in the world of surfing. For those of you who are experienced and wish to improve in surfing, this is the perfect course to step-up your game and create skills and knowledge that will improve your performance in the water. Choose from our 3, 5, and 7 lessons-course!
Surf video analysis in and of itself won’t help improve your surfing, it will however highlight the exact areas that you need to focus on to see improvements.Once these key areas are uncovered, it’s then a case of implementing the techniques needed to iron things out and make adjustments.The result?Big improvements, fast.